Going on a long trip where Superchargers don't exist yet? Want to maximize your charging options with a CHAdeMO adaptor without buying one for $450? The good news is you don't have to choose between getting stranded and going broke: borrow* our CHAdeMO adaptor for your trip!
About the adaptor in Tesla's own words: Compatible with third-party DC fast charging networks such as Electrify America and EVgo, the CHAdeMO adapter supports charging speeds up to 50kW and works with all Tesla vehicles (2019.24.1 firmware or later is required for Model 3 compatibility).
Note: Tesla does not regulate pricing or charging experience at third-party charging stations.
Network membership is typically required at third-party CHAdeMO stations. For more details on non-Tesla charging practices, please consult third-party EVSEs directly.
* Borrowing details:
- Free rental for Plaid members, subject to deposit & shipping fees
- Initial deposit of $650 required, to be returned to the borrower (minus below deductions) upon the adaptor's return to club
- Rental fee of $10 / day required for all members but Plaid
- If not returned, deposit is forfeit to club
- Shipping: paid for by borrower / can be picked up and returned at 880 Emerson Street, Rochester, NY 14606