Volunteers needed for Drive-in (free admission for event, discount for Danfords/entered into drawing for free night!)
On July 11th, 2020 the Tesla Science Center will be hosting another drive-in movie, this time Tesla will be on the big screen.
As many of you know, we literally wouldn't have been able to do the last event without the help of our volunteers, and this time that will be the case again.
6 volunteers will be needed in total -
1 at gate, 4 parking attendants, and 1 to work the merch table
What tasks will volunteers be doing? When volunteers arrive at 4:45 pm they be provided with refreshments as we go over the plans to help make the night a success. Around 5:00pm the screen crew will meet up with us and let us know how/where we can spray the chalk lines and make the spots for vehicles. The first vehicles will arrive around 6:30pm, so we must ensure that all the prepping is completed by then. The gate will open up at 7:00pm for all other attendees.
(1) Gate Volunteers - they will help check in attendees according to safe distancing guidelines. Attendees are required to keep their car windows rolled up at check-in and show their receipt through the window or display it in the windshield. Gate volunteers will also distribute merchandise that attendees were allowed to purchase with their tickets. The merchandise will be pre-bagged and labeled alphabetically so volunteers can easily find each attendee's order. ( Doug will help work the tickets at the gate )
(1) Merch Table- Help with transactions for pre-ordered items as well as any new request.
(4) Traffic / Parking Volunteers - Volunteers will be stationed around the lot to make sure people park in every other spot and park in an orderly fashion. (1) will be stationed at the entry point past the gate to help create a buffer for vehicles as they arrive ( create 3 rows in a straight line from the gate to the end ) , (1) will be stationed at the end of the buffering line to help direct cars towards the last attendant (1) the final parking lot attendant will help guest park their cars and let them know what radio station to tune into.
Traffic / Parking Volunteers will also be needed to help out immediately after the movie is ended to help guide cars out of the parking lot. You will need to ensure that you have you light stick and vest so that cars will be able to see you as they are leaving ( I suggest keeping these items with you in your car while the movie is on so you won't have to go look for them after the movie ends ) You can stay in your cars and watch the movie after all cars have entered*
For volunteers of the event at night: what time should they arrive - 4:45pm to be ready for early arrival of Tesla car owners at 6:30 pm
Will they be able to see the movie? Yes.
Volunteer Supplies: We will have:
- Line markers, asphalt paint, traffic cones.
- Reflective safety vests for movie night volunteers
- Face masks and hand sanitizer for set-up and movie night volunteers, with safe-distancing guideline instructions
- T-shirts for all TOCNYS volunteers (please provide sizes)
- Traffic light sticks for parking attendants (light saber looking things to help point drivers in the right direction)